FY 2017 USDA Farm to School Grant RFA has been released. Find the RFA here.
In this funding cycle USDA anticipates awarding approximately $5 million in grant funding to support efforts that improve access to local foods in schools. Grant funds will be made available on a competitive basis, subject to availability of federal funds.
Applicants may apply for a Planning grant, Implementation grant, Support Service grant or Training grant. Eligibility varies by grant category; more at http://www.grants.gov/view-opportunity.html?oppId=288870
Planning grant awards will range from $20,000 – $45,000
- Implementation grants and support service grant awards will from $65,000 – $100,000
- Funding for training grants is expected to range from $15,000-$50,000, and will be funded at the following levels: state focused project awards will range from $15,000 to $25,000; and regionally / nationally focused project awards will range from $25,000 to $50,000.
For all four types of grants, the federal share of a project cannot exceed 75 percent of the total cost of the project. Therefore, the applicant must provide at least 25 percent of the costs of the total project. The total project cost is the federal grant request amount plus the applicant match.
- September 29, 2016: USDA will host a RFA informational webinar at 1:00 PM Eastern. Click here to register.
- December 8, 2016: FY 2017 Farm to School Grant Program applications are due in grants.gov.
- May 2017: Announcement of grant awards.
More information is available at http://www.fns.usda.gov/fy17-farm-school-grant