Supporting Displaced Students and Families During and After Emergency Events
Time: 2:00 ET
On Wednesday, February 27, 2019, from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. ET, the Office of Safe and Supportive Schools (OSSS), formerly known as the Office of Safe and Healthy Students within the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and its REMS TA Center will host a Webinar on the topic of supports for homeless and displaced students and families during and after emergencies that impact school district, school and campus communities. Christina Dukes, from ED’s National Center on Homeless Education will also join the Webinar, which will provide a basic overview of why this topic is important and insight that can help state and local education and emergency management agencies understand how they can support students and families displaced from homes, communities, and school settings as a result of natural disasters or other emergencies. This event will also feature a dedicated 15-minute Q&A session during which presenters will field questions from participants.
To join the meeting, register here:
Madeline Sullivan, Management and Program Analyst, OSHS, ED; Christina Dukes, National Center on Homeless Education; and Janelle Williams Hughes, Deputy Project Director, REMS TA Center
Join Us for a Live Web Chat Following the Event!
The Webinar will be followed by a live Web Chat with the presenters on the REMS TA Center’s Community of Practice (CoP) from 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. ET.
- Already a CoP Member? If you wish to participate in the Web Chat, you will be automatically redirected to the CoP following the Q&A session.
- Not a CoP Member? We invite you to join our growing community of more than 1,300 practitioners to collaborate on special projects, share news and resources, and learn from the experiences of others in the field! Please click here to create an account in advance of the event.
- Have Web Chat questions to send us now? Email firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject line February 27 Webinar: Questions for Web Chat and we’ll keep them on stand-by for the Web Chat. You can also send us Web Chat questions in advance by tagging @remstacenter on Twitter and using the following hashtag: #McKinneyVentoSchoolSafety.Join the #McKinneyVentoSchoolSafety Webinar 2/27 from 2-3 p.m. on supports for homeless and displaced students and families during school/campus emergencies.
- Questions about the Webinar, Web Chat or CoP?
Contact the REMS TA Center Help Desk at 1-855-781-REMS  or email@example.com between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
- Spread the Word on Social Media
Help us help the field by sharing the following post via your social networks. You can also share a link to our Webinars page by using any of the social media share links available on our Website header.