Charlotte Jones-Ward, 21st CCLC Regional Consultant and OAN Liaison, would like to share her thoughts/information from the November 2019 Ohio Afterschool Network’s (OAN) Quarterly Meeting!
“After attending the Ohio Afterschool Network’s (OAN) Quarterly Meeting held at the Quest Conference Center in Columbus, November 6, 2019, I wanted to give a SHOUT OUT to OAN Director Nichelle Shaskus, OAN Chair Pam Steurer, OAN Vice Chair Beth Urban, and OAN Secretary Heather Sherman for a JOB WELL DONE! The meeting was inspiring, uplifting, exciting and encouraging!
Grantees are encouraged to check out the OAN website (https://www.ohioafterschoolnetwork.org/) for all the available resources. You may even want to consider attending one of OAN’s quarterly meetings in the future. The networking and resources are well worth your time! Some of the following resources you will find available are either on the OAN website or the links below:”
- The State of Afterschool & Summer Learning in Ohio Data Mapping Project – Great networking tool! Add your program. today. – OAN has created a data map to identify Afterschool and Summer Learning programs in our state. https://www.ohioafterschoolnetwork.org/resources/find-an-afterschool-or-summer-learning-program/#/action/AdvancedSearch/cid/1161/id/2001
- OAN Pitch Challenge – The Ohio Afterschool Network is partnering with Young Entrepreneur Institute, with support from the C. S. Mott Foundation, to launch Young Entrepreneur Pitch (YEP), which will provide free curriculum, training and technical assistance for programs, and host regional and statewide pitch contests for high school students. https://www.ohioafterschoolnetwork.org/oans-youth-entrepreneur-pitch-yep/
- Central Ohio Parent Leadership Institute –The PLTI program is a two-generation strategy to bolster parental involvement while promoting the lifelong health, safety and learning of children. http://centralohioplti.com/
- You are Loved: Family Wellness Toolkit for Ohio Families with Young Children – mha.ohio.gov and https://boldbeginning.org/
- Best Foot Forward 2020 Conference Information – https://www.ohioafterschoolnetwork.org/oan-statewide-conference-for-afterschool-and-summer-learning-professionals/
- Children’s Hunger Alliance –Through the federal Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), Children’s Hunger Alliance provides healthy meals and snacks to afterschool programs across the state. Afterschool program locations include schools, Boys and Girls Clubs, recreation centers, libraries, churches, and other youth-serving community organizations. https://childrenshungeralliance.org/