SAVE THE DATE for the 2nd Annual Hope 4 the Wounded Conference, Connecting the Dots 4 Social Emotional Learning, to be held at The Renaissance Columbus Westerville-Polaris in Westerville, Ohio – Thursday – Friday, June 18-19, with a pre-Conference session, Wednesday, June 17.
Registration has officially opened, with the early discount available until March 13. Please click on the link below for more information on this year’s conference and registration:
Featuring prominent keynote speakers including:
- Joe Hendershott, Ed.D, Founder, Hope for the Wounded, LLC
- Miranda Beard, Past President, NSBA (National School Boards Association)
- Todd Waites, Professional Musician and Founder, True Rockstars Don’t Hate
Featuring breakout sessions on the 4 “R’s”:
- Relationship: Creating programs and implementing strategies to encourage community, collaboration, and connection to the world around us deters isolation and promotes emotionally and physically safe environments. Fostering relationships impacts overall morale and builds inclusive communities that thrive
- Relevance: Connecting real life and learning not only enhances adult/child interactions, but it leads to engaged, motivated, and self-regulated learners. This enhances the development of students’ unique identities and sense of contribution to their schools and communities.
- Restoration: Kids make mistakes, but punitive consequences rarely change behavior. Developing growth mindsets and alternative discipline strategies allows for teachable moments and changed behavior. Increase attendance; decrease suspensions, expulsions, and dropout rates.
- Revitalize: Adults and children alike need emotional and physical supports in various aspects of life. We need to build and encourage emotionally and physically safe communities by attuning to the mental health and well-being of wounded children as well as the professionals coming alongside them.
Please click HERE for the official conference flyer – for your reference and to share within your networks!